*Day of the Dead Rosary
*Ceramic Multi Color Day of the Dead Sugar Skull 14mm Beads
*Rhinestone 8mm and Silver Metal 4mm Father Accent Beads
*Italian Silver Our Lady of Guadalupe Center
*Italian Silver Pardon Indulgence Crucifix
*Handmade in Colorado
*Rosary Length 33"
*Day of the Dead, or Día de Muertos, is one of the most important celebrations in Mexico, with roots dating back thousands of years, long before Spanish settlers arrived. It has become a blend of Catholic tradition and Mexican mysticism, commemorating death as another element of life and as a way to remember and honor loved ones.
In bustling markets, stalls sell decorated skulls made of sugar or chocolate and sheets of tissue paper, cut into delicate shapes, adorn stores and restaurants. In houses all over the country, families carefully place photographs of their ancestors on an altar beside candles and a traditional Mexican pastry as incense fills the air. In flower shops, freshly cut marigolds line the storefronts.
Although the tradition has long been part of Mexican culture, the holiday has of late become an important tourist draw, with travelers visiting towns and cities across the country to witness the colorful displays of ofrendas, altars to invite the spirits of the dead back into the world of the living.
*Pardon Crucifix: The word indulgence originally meant kindness or favor. In Latin it meant the remission of a tax or debt. Under Roman law it was used to express release from captivity or punishment. In this instance, an indulgence is given to remit the temporal punishment of sin that has been forgiven. These indulgences have been declared upon the Pardon Crucifix by Pope St. Pius X in 1905, and have been approved in the pardon of the living and the souls in Purgatory in 1907.
1. Whoever carries on his person the Pardon Crucifix, may thereby gain an indulgence.
2. For devoutly kissing the Crucifix, an indulgence is gained.
3. Whoever says one of the following invocations before this crucifix may gain each time an indulgence: "Our Father who art in heaven, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." "I beg the Blessed Virgin Mary to pray to the Lord our God for me."
4. Whoever, habitually devout to this Crucifix, will fulfill the necessary conditions of Confession and Holy Communion, may gain a Plenary Indulgence on the following feasts: On the feasts of the Five Wounds of our Lord, the Invention of the Holy Cross, the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the Immaculate Conception, and the Seven Sorrows (Dolors) of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
5. Whoever, at the moment of death, fortified with the Sacraments of the Church, or contrite of heart, in the supposition of being unable to receive them, will kiss this Crucifix and ask pardon of God for his sins, and pardon his neighbor, will gain a Plenary Indulgence.
The Front of the Crucifix: Above the cruciform figure, the familiar I.N.R.I. has been inscribed with the words "Jesus Nazarenus Rex Judaeorum. "" Latin uses I instead of the English J, and V instead of U (Iesvs Nazarenvs Rex Ivdaeorvm). The English translation is "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews." The Reverse of the Crucifix: On the transverse arms are the words, "Father, forgive them." On the vertical beam of the Cross are the words, "Behold this heart which has so loved men." An image of The Sacred Heart of Jesus is shown in the center.
*Italian Silver is made in the region of Italy that produces the finest quality medals in the world. The silver oxidized finish has been perfected for hundreds of years by the local Italian craftsmen, and remains unmatched in quality, beauty, and longevity throughout the world.
More Holiday Rosaries:
1 business day
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.